u-boot tarball downloads via https

Chris Packham
Hi Tom, Wolfgang,

Today I found myself in need of a u-boot source tarball (usually I
just use git).

I notice the link on http://www.denx.de/wiki/U-Boot/SourceCode points
to ftp://ftp.denx.de/pub/u-boot/ but it appears that the same content
is available via https://ftp.denx.de/pub/u-boot/

I know some browsers are moving towards dropping support for ftp and
there are all kinds of good reasons to be using https. Since it seems
to already work would it be possible to get the link on the denx page
updated to use https: instead of ftp:

Thanks,
Chris

Re: u-boot tarball downloads via https

Tom Rini-4
On Tue, Aug 11, 2020 at 03:34:50PM +1200, Chris Packham wrote:

> Hi Tom, Wolfgang,
>
> Today I found myself in need of a u-boot source tarball (usually I
> just use git).
>
> I notice the link on http://www.denx.de/wiki/U-Boot/SourceCode points
> to ftp://ftp.denx.de/pub/u-boot/ but it appears that the same content
> is available via https://ftp.denx.de/pub/u-boot/
>
> I know some browsers are moving towards dropping support for ftp and
> there are all kinds of good reasons to be using https. Since it seems
> to already work would it be possible to get the link on the denx page
> updated to use https: instead of ftp:
Good point, updated.  Thanks!

--
Tom