requesting a custodian tree for Aspeed SoCs maintenance

requesting a custodian tree for Aspeed SoCs maintenance

Chia-Wei, Wang
Hi,

We are Aspeed SW team and would like to request the creation of a u-boot-aspeed.git
custodian tree for the u-boot support related to Aspeed SoCs. Attached is the SSH key
generated for this purpose.

By the way, the Aspeed SoCs are based on ARM architecture. However, we are not sure
if the Aspeed custodian tree should be a downstream of u-boot-arm.git tree or not. As
there is no update to u-boot-arm since 4 years ago.

If anything is further needed, please let us know.

Thanks,
Chiawei

ASPEED Technology Inc.
Tel: 886-3-5751185 ext:8637
E-mail: [hidden email]

************* Email Confidentiality Notice ********************
DISCLAIMER:
This message (and any attachments) may contain legally privileged and/or other confidential information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and immediately delete the e-mail and any attachments without copying or disclosing the contents. Thank you.

id_rsa.pub (552 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: requesting a custodian tree for Aspeed SoCs maintenance

Tom Rini-4
On Mon, Aug 10, 2020 at 03:19:43AM +0000, ChiaWei Wang wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are Aspeed SW team and would like to request the creation of a u-boot-aspeed.git
> custodian tree for the u-boot support related to Aspeed SoCs. Attached is the SSH key
> generated for this purpose.
>
> By the way, the Aspeed SoCs are based on ARM architecture. However, we are not sure
> if the Aspeed custodian tree should be a downstream of u-boot-arm.git tree or not. As
> there is no update to u-boot-arm since 4 years ago.
>
> If anything is further needed, please let us know.
To start with, I would like to handle Aspeed development by pulling
respective patches in to one of my testing branches and merge them after
appropriate review time.  If the volume of changes makes it worthwhile
we can add a new custodian tree later.  Thanks!

--
Tom

RE: requesting a custodian tree for Aspeed SoCs maintenance

Chia-Wei, Wang
Hi Tom,

Thank you for the feedback.

So currently, should we simply submit individual Aspeed patches to the mailing list for the review process?
In fact, we have sent certain patches couple days ago. (http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/cover/20200803093610.3222-1-chiawei_wang@.../)
If it is the case, we will proceed the patch submission for Aspeed SoCs after the review is done.

Regards,
Chiawei

On Wed, Aug 12, 2020 at 03:07:13AM +0000, ChiaWei Wang wrote:

> Hi Tom,
>
> Thank you for the feedback.

Correct, thanks.  I'll likely be picking up those patches soon.

--
Tom