i.MX RT1050 toolchain

Andy Pont-4
Hi Giulio,

Is there a preferred / recommended toolchain for building U-Boot for the
i.MX RT10xx platforms or should any recent ARM cross compiler work?

-Andy.

Re: i.MX RT1050 toolchain

Giulio Benetti-2
Hi Andy,

On 10/16/20 9:05 AM, Andy Pont wrote:
> Hi Giulio,
>
> Is there a preferred / recommended toolchain for building U-Boot for the
> i.MX RT10xx platforms or should any recent ARM cross compiler work?

It should compile fine with any recent ARM cross-compiler.

Please let me know if it builds correctly

Best regards
Giulio Benetti
Benetti Engineering sas

Re: i.MX RT1050 toolchain

Andy Pont-4
Giulio wrote...
>>Is there a preferred / recommended toolchain for building U-Boot for the
>>i.MX RT10xx platforms or should any recent ARM cross compiler work?
>
>It should compile fine with any recent ARM cross-compiler.
>
>Please let me know if it builds correctly
I used the arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc v10.1.0 compiler available from
www.kernel.org and it has built fine. Now I have a working toolchain I
can start adding the new board.

-Andy.

Re: i.MX RT1050 toolchain

Giulio Benetti-2
On 10/17/20 2:53 PM, Andy Pont wrote:
> Giulio wrote...
>>> Is there a preferred / recommended toolchain for building U-Boot for the
>>> i.MX RT10xx platforms or should any recent ARM cross compiler work?
>> It should compile fine with any recent ARM cross-compiler.
>> Please let me know if it builds correctly
> I used the arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc v10.1.0 compiler available from
> www.kernel.org and it has built fine. Now I have a working toolchain I
> can start adding the new board.

Perfect, I suggest you to test it on a EVK before than going with your
custom board if you can, and after port your board, that should make it
easier.

Kind regards
Giulio Benetti
Benetti Engineering sas

Re: i.MX RT1050 toolchain

Andy Pont-4
Giulio wrote…

>Perfect, I suggest you to test it on a EVK before than going with your
>custom board if you can, and after port your board, that should make it
>easier.
I certainly will do! One supplementary question… what did you use U-Boot
to boot?  I’m looking to get uClinux running on it.  As a starting point
I have only been able to find the BSP from EmCraft[1] but at kernel
version 4.5 it is quite old.

-Andy.

1 - https://www.emcraft.com/products/979

Re: i.MX RT1050 toolchain

Giulio Benetti-2

> Il giorno 18 ott 2020, alle ore 14:53, Andy Pont <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
>
> Giulio wrote…
>
>> Perfect, I suggest you to test it on a EVK before than going with your
>> custom board if you can, and after port your board, that should make it
>> easier.
> I certainly will do! One supplementary question… what did you use U-Boot to boot?  I’m looking to get uClinux running on it.  As a starting point I have only been able to find the BSP from EmCraft[1] but at kernel version 4.5 it is quite old.

I’ve started to port i.MXRT to Linux too but for the moment I’ve paused it. You can find it here

https://github.com/giuliobenetti/linux-imxrt

All patches are WIP.

Honestly I’ve stopped it since I’ve seen no much interest on it.
My idea was to create a complete BSP in Buildroot with UBoot, Linux and a basic File System.

If you interested and want also to contribute to I can restart so develop in spare time.

Let me know

Best regards

Giulio