am335x uart boot

Matwey V. Kornilov
Hello,

I am trying to provide u-boot via uart to am335x bootrom (I use
BeagleBone Black board). Has anyone succeeded on it?

The CPU technical reference says that I have to use X-Modem 1K to load
the firmware. I am trying to reach this with screen and sx command.

In the serial console I see transmission invitation from the hardware
side: 'C'.
When I use sx --1k -X to transmit the binary there are no data accepted.
When I use sx -X (with 128 byte frame) the transmission is running until
hardware sends "Cancel" command in the middle.

I've also tried minicom terminal. It behaves like X-Modem 128 byte
transmission with no success.

Re: am335x uart boot

Matwey V. Kornilov
12.10.2020 11:39, Matwey V. Kornilov пишет:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to provide u-boot via uart to am335x bootrom (I use
> BeagleBone Black board). Has anyone succeeded on it?
>
> The CPU technical reference says that I have to use X-Modem 1K to load
> the firmware. I am trying to reach this with screen and sx command.
>
> In the serial console I see transmission invitation from the hardware
> side: 'C'.
> When I use sx --1k -X to transmit the binary there are no data accepted.
> When I use sx -X (with 128 byte frame) the transmission is running until
> hardware sends "Cancel" command in the middle.
>
> I've also tried minicom terminal. It behaves like X-Modem 128 byte
> transmission with no success.

Now I believe this was due to transmission errors. I've taken another
RS232 converter and now everything boots both with sx -X and sx --1k -X