[U-Boot-Users] u-boot compilation

Marius Gröger
Robert Schwebel <robert at schwebel.de> schrieb am 05.11.02 21:22:47:
> > i have used the toolchain 2.95.3 from www.arm.linux.org.uk. I have
> > installed in in /usr/local/arm like discribed in the README file..
>
> My impression when I looked at this toolchain for the last time was that
> it is only a stage 1 toolchain - at least this is what the build script
> generates.

What do you mean here - what else than stage 1 can a
cross compiler be?!

Regards,
Marius.

[U-Boot-Users] u-boot compilation

Robert Schwebel-2
On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 09:23:52AM +0100, Marius Gr?ger wrote:
> What do you mean here - what else than stage 1 can a cross compiler
> be?!

Normally when you build a toolchain you first have to build a compiler
which is able to work without glibc headers (needs only to have C
support). Then you use it to build glibc and afterwards you recompile
your compiler with glibc support and whatever languages you need.

At least that was the only way I could manage to build a working
toolchain. If you just build a toolchain with faked glibc headers you
will not be able to compile more than the kernel with it.

Robert
   Braunschweiger Str. 79,  31134 Hildesheim, Germany
   Handelsregister:  Amtsgericht Hildesheim, HRA 2686
    Phone: +49-5121-28619-0 |  Fax: +49-5121-28619-4

    Visit us at the SPS/IPC/Drives 2002 in Nuernberg!
   Hall 5, Booth 154 +++ Please contact us for details.