Invitation: Regular U-Boot video call (Tuesday 19th)

12

Invitation: Regular U-Boot video call (Tuesday 19th)

Simon Glass-3
Hi,

(This has been discussed for a while now so I thought I would just try it)

As an experiment I'd like to set up a regular 30-minute U-Boot call
for people to discuss features, bugs, patches, etc.

The meeting notes and details are here[1].

Please feel free to send this to others. I cc'd a small number of
people on the list.

Regards,
Simon

[1] https://bit.ly/3bFvwA1

Re: Invitation: Regular U-Boot video call (Tuesday 19th)

Bin Meng-2
Hi Simon,,

On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 11:39 AM Simon Glass <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> (This has been discussed for a while now so I thought I would just try it)
>
> As an experiment I'd like to set up a regular 30-minute U-Boot call
> for people to discuss features, bugs, patches, etc.
>
> The meeting notes and details are here[1].
>
> Please feel free to send this to others. I cc'd a small number of
> people on the list.

Is there a meeting invitation so that people get notified in advance?

Regards,
Bin

Re: Invitation: Regular U-Boot video call (Tuesday 19th)

Andy Shevchenko
On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 5:39 AM Simon Glass <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> (This has been discussed for a while now so I thought I would just try it)
>
> As an experiment I'd like to set up a regular 30-minute U-Boot call
> for people to discuss features, bugs, patches, etc.
>
> The meeting notes and details are here[1].
>
> Please feel free to send this to others. I cc'd a small number of
> people on the list.

I added myself with a topic, but two issues so far:
- i have no camera setup
- the timing is quite bad since it overlaps with a the series of some
work important meeting, shifting later by half an hour will solve it

With Best Regards,
Andy Shevchenko

Re: Invitation: Regular U-Boot video call (Tuesday 19th)

Marek Vasut-3
On 1/13/21 1:59 PM, Andy Shevchenko wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 5:39 AM Simon Glass <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> (This has been discussed for a while now so I thought I would just try it)
>>
>> As an experiment I'd like to set up a regular 30-minute U-Boot call
>> for people to discuss features, bugs, patches, etc.
>>
>> The meeting notes and details are here[1].
>>
>> Please feel free to send this to others. I cc'd a small number of
>> people on the list.
>
> I added myself with a topic, but two issues so far:
> - i have no camera setup
> - the timing is quite bad since it overlaps with a the series of some
> work important meeting, shifting later by half an hour will solve it

Can't we simply have an IRC meeting ? I am still concerned about the
language barrier.

Re: Invitation: Regular U-Boot video call (Tuesday 19th)

Heinrich Schuchardt
On 13.01.21 14:12, Marek Vasut wrote:

> On 1/13/21 1:59 PM, Andy Shevchenko wrote:
>> On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 5:39 AM Simon Glass <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> (This has been discussed for a while now so I thought I would just
>>> try it)
>>>
>>> As an experiment I'd like to set up a regular 30-minute U-Boot call
>>> for people to discuss features, bugs, patches, etc.
>>>
>>> The meeting notes and details are here[1].
>>>
>>> Please feel free to send this to others. I cc'd a small number of
>>> people on the list.
>>
>> I added myself with a topic, but two issues so far:
>> - i have no camera setup
>> - the timing is quite bad since it overlaps with a the series of some
>> work important meeting, shifting later by half an hour will solve it
>
> Can't we simply have an IRC meeting ? I am still concerned about the
> language barrier.

Dear Marek,

as I have seen you as speaker at Fosdem I don't expect that you
personally will have a problem in the discussion.

I would very much prefer a video call.

Best regards

Heinrich

Re: Invitation: Regular U-Boot video call (Tuesday 19th)

Simon Glass-3
Hi Bin,

I added you, Heinrich, Tom and Andy.

For others, as mentioned in the doc I can add you to the invitation.
Just reply on this thread.

Regards,
Simon

On Tue, 12 Jan 2021 at 20:44, Bin Meng <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Simon,,
>
> On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 11:39 AM Simon Glass <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > (This has been discussed for a while now so I thought I would just try it)
> >
> > As an experiment I'd like to set up a regular 30-minute U-Boot call
> > for people to discuss features, bugs, patches, etc.
> >
> > The meeting notes and details are here[1].
> >
> > Please feel free to send this to others. I cc'd a small number of
> > people on the list.
> >

> Is there a meeting invitation so that people get notified in advance?
>
> Regards,
> Bin

Re: Invitation: Regular U-Boot video call (Tuesday 19th)

Simon Glass-3
Hi Andy,

On Wed, 13 Jan 2021 at 06:00, Andy Shevchenko <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 5:39 AM Simon Glass <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > (This has been discussed for a while now so I thought I would just try it)
> >
> > As an experiment I'd like to set up a regular 30-minute U-Boot call
> > for people to discuss features, bugs, patches, etc.
> >
> > The meeting notes and details are here[1].
> >
> > Please feel free to send this to others. I cc'd a small number of
> > people on the list.
>
> I added myself with a topic, but two issues so far:
> - i have no camera setup

That should be easy to fix!

> - the timing is quite bad since it overlaps with a the series of some
> work important meeting, shifting later by half an hour will solve it

Oh dear, that's unfortunate. I have a conflict at that time every week
:-( We also have people in Asia who won't be able to come in the
middle of the night. We can discuss possible other time slots (30mins
earlier?) in the meeting and I'm certainly open to having two
different times each month.

Regards,
Simon

On Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 12:00 AM Simon Glass <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Jan 2021 at 06:00, Andy Shevchenko <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 5:39 AM Simon Glass <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > I added myself with a topic, but two issues so far:
> > - i have no camera setup
>
> That should be easy to fix!

Unfortunately no, since I'll be at work premises (against policy).

> > - the timing is quite bad since it overlaps with a the series of some
> > work important meeting, shifting later by half an hour will solve it
>
> Oh dear, that's unfortunate. I have a conflict at that time every week
> :-( We also have people in Asia who won't be able to come in the
> middle of the night. We can discuss possible other time slots (30mins
> earlier?) in the meeting and I'm certainly open to having two
> different times each month.

30 min earlier is even worse to me :-(
Then not in the near future, unfortunately... I'll remove myself from
the topic list then.

With Best Regards,
Andy Shevchenko

On Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 5:57 AM Simon Glass <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Bin,
>
> I added you, Heinrich, Tom and Andy.
>
> For others, as mentioned in the doc I can add you to the invitation.
> Just reply on this thread.

I am not sure how Google meet works as I never used that. I guess Zoom
is much easier as it has clients on different platforms.

Regards,
Bin

On 1/14/21 6:42 AM, Bin Meng wrote:

> Hi Simon,
>
> On Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 5:57 AM Simon Glass <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Bin,
>>
>> I added you, Heinrich, Tom and Andy.
>>
>> For others, as mentioned in the doc I can add you to the invitation.
>> Just reply on this thread.
>>

> I am not sure how Google meet works as I never used that. I guess Zoom
> is much easier as it has clients on different platforms.

Just open the link in Chromium and allow access to microphone and
camera. No client needed.

Best regards

Heinrich

> Regards,
> Bin

Re: Invitation: Regular U-Boot video call (Tuesday 19th)

Tom Rini-4
On Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 07:00:34AM +0100, Heinrich Schuchardt wrote:

> On 1/14/21 6:42 AM, Bin Meng wrote:
> > Hi Simon,
> >
> > On Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 5:57 AM Simon Glass <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Bin,
> > >
> > > I added you, Heinrich, Tom and Andy.
> > >
> > > For others, as mentioned in the doc I can add you to the invitation.
> > > Just reply on this thread.
> > >

> > I am not sure how Google meet works as I never used that. I guess Zoom
> > is much easier as it has clients on different platforms.
>
> Just open the link in Chromium and allow access to microphone and
> camera. No client needed.
Or mic yes, camera no.

--
Tom

On Thu, 14 Jan 2021 at 11:39, Tom Rini <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 07:00:34AM +0100, Heinrich Schuchardt wrote:
> > On 1/14/21 6:42 AM, Bin Meng wrote:
> > > Hi Simon,

> > > I am not sure how Google meet works as I never used that. I guess Zoom
> > > is much easier as it has clients on different platforms.
> >
> > Just open the link in Chromium and allow access to microphone and
> > camera. No client needed.
>
> Or mic yes, camera no.

Video please! It's much more interesting talking to people face to
face and a video call is better than nothing.

- Simon

RE: Invitation: Regular U-Boot video call (Tuesday 19th)

Peng Fan-4
Hi Simon,

> Subject: Invitation: Regular U-Boot video call (Tuesday 19th)
>
> Hi,
>
> (This has been discussed for a while now so I thought I would just try it)
>
> As an experiment I'd like to set up a regular 30-minute U-Boot call for people
> to discuss features, bugs, patches, etc.
>
> The meeting notes and details are here[1].

The url is blocked by China. Do you have a direct google meet link, not using bit.ly?
I am in UTC + 8 timezone, not sure I am able to join, but please invite me.

Thanks,
Peng.

> Please feel free to send this to others. I cc'd a small number of people on the
> list.
>
> Regards,
> Simon
>
> [1]
> 2F3bFvwA1&amp;data=04%7C01%7CPeng.Fan%40nxp.com%7C7af7f327813f
> 4731acea08d8b774dfa1%7C686ea1d3bc2b4c6fa92cd99c5c301635%7C0%7C
> 0%7C637461059888084551%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4w
> LjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&a
> mp;sdata=9n2ln6zWvoorTMPXnNP3QG0NVRKTPWhQi8DrSadHeRg%3D&amp
> ;reserved=0

Re: Invitation: Regular U-Boot video call (Tuesday 19th)

Bin Meng-2
Hi Peng,

On Fri, Jan 15, 2021 at 9:33 AM Peng Fan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Simon,
>
> > Subject: Invitation: Regular U-Boot video call (Tuesday 19th)
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > (This has been discussed for a while now so I thought I would just try it)
> >
> > As an experiment I'd like to set up a regular 30-minute U-Boot call for people
> > to discuss features, bugs, patches, etc.
> >
> > The meeting notes and details are here[1].
>
> The url is blocked by China. Do you have a direct google meet link, not using bit.ly?
> I am in UTC + 8 timezone, not sure I am able to join, but please invite me.

Yep, but the google meet is also blocked :) That's why I suggest we
use Zoom or something else for better experience.

Regards,
Bin

On Thu, 14 Jan 2021 at 18:33, Peng Fan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Simon,
>
> > Subject: Invitation: Regular U-Boot video call (Tuesday 19th)
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > (This has been discussed for a while now so I thought I would just try it)
> >
> > As an experiment I'd like to set up a regular 30-minute U-Boot call for people
> > to discuss features, bugs, patches, etc.
> >
> > The meeting notes and details are here[1].
>
> The url is blocked by China. Do you have a direct google meet link, not using bit.ly?
> I am in UTC + 8 timezone, not sure I am able to join, but please invite me.

Yes the link is here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YBOMsbM19uSFyoJWnt7-PsOLBaevzQUgV-hiR88a5-o/edit

I don't know why it would be blocked in China. Can you access that one?

Regards,
Simon

On Thu, 14 Jan 2021 at 19:12, Bin Meng <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Peng,
>
> On Fri, Jan 15, 2021 at 9:33 AM Peng Fan <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Simon,
> >
> > > Subject: Invitation: Regular U-Boot video call (Tuesday 19th)
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > (This has been discussed for a while now so I thought I would just try it)
> > >
> > > As an experiment I'd like to set up a regular 30-minute U-Boot call for people
> > > to discuss features, bugs, patches, etc.
> > >
> > > The meeting notes and details are here[1].
> >
> > The url is blocked by China. Do you have a direct google meet link, not using bit.ly?
> > I am in UTC + 8 timezone, not sure I am able to join, but please invite me.
> >

> Yep, but the google meet is also blocked :) That's why I suggest we
> use Zoom or something else for better experience.

Oh that's nuts.

What is the situation with monitoring of calls with Zoom? Are VPNs
available in China?

Regards,
Simon

On Fri, Jan 15, 2021 at 10:13 PM Simon Glass <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Bin,
>
> On Thu, 14 Jan 2021 at 19:12, Bin Meng <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Peng,
> >
> > On Fri, Jan 15, 2021 at 9:33 AM Peng Fan <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Simon,

> > > The url is blocked by China. Do you have a direct google meet link, not using bit.ly?
> > > I am in UTC + 8 timezone, not sure I am able to join, but please invite me.
> > >

> > Yep, but the google meet is also blocked :) That's why I suggest we
> > use Zoom or something else for better experience.
>
> Oh that's nuts.
>
> What is the situation with monitoring of calls with Zoom?

Zoom is directly accessible in China.

> Are VPNs available in China?

Yep, we have to figure that out, isn't it :)

Regards,
Bin

RE: Invitation: Regular U-Boot video call (Tuesday 19th)

Peng Fan-4
Hi Simon,

> Subject: Re: Invitation: Regular U-Boot video call (Tuesday 19th)
>
> Hi Peng,
>
> On Thu, 14 Jan 2021 at 18:33, Peng Fan <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Simon,
> >
> > > Subject: Invitation: Regular U-Boot video call (Tuesday 19th)
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > (This has been discussed for a while now so I thought I would just
> > > try it)
> > >
> > > As an experiment I'd like to set up a regular 30-minute U-Boot call
> > > for people to discuss features, bugs, patches, etc.
> > >
> > > The meeting notes and details are here[1].
> >
> > The url is blocked by China. Do you have a direct google meet link, not using
> bit.ly?
> > I am in UTC + 8 timezone, not sure I am able to join, but please invite me.
>
> Yes the link is here:
>
> https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdocs.g
> oogle.com%2Fdocument%2Fd%2F1YBOMsbM19uSFyoJWnt7-PsOLBaevzQUg
> V-hiR88a5-o%2Fedit&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cpeng.fan%40nxp.com%7Cee2d
> 255017d84f89a04308d8b95f0c8a%7C686ea1d3bc2b4c6fa92cd99c5c301635
> %7C0%7C0%7C637463165315330931%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJW
> IjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C
> 1000&amp;sdata=R7G%2B4iXtS%2F5qndSYHJ7L%2FzwmWfMJ5%2B%2FAWB
> RW1x2dB0s%3D&amp;reserved=0
>
> I don't know why it would be blocked in China. Can you access that one?

I could access this one and including the meet link using NXP VPN.

Thanks,
Peng.

On Sat, Jan 16, 2021 at 3:24 PM Peng Fan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Simon,
>
> > Subject: Re: Invitation: Regular U-Boot video call (Tuesday 19th)
> >
> > Hi Peng,
> >
> > On Thu, 14 Jan 2021 at 18:33, Peng Fan <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Simon,

> > > The url is blocked by China. Do you have a direct google meet link, not using
> > bit.ly?
> > > I am in UTC + 8 timezone, not sure I am able to join, but please invite me.
> >
> > Yes the link is here:
> >
> > https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdocs.g
> > oogle.com%2Fdocument%2Fd%2F1YBOMsbM19uSFyoJWnt7-PsOLBaevzQUg
> > V-hiR88a5-o%2Fedit&amp;data=04%7C01%7Cpeng.fan%40nxp.com%7Cee2d
> > 255017d84f89a04308d8b95f0c8a%7C686ea1d3bc2b4c6fa92cd99c5c301635
> > %7C0%7C0%7C637463165315330931%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJW
> > IjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C
> > 1000&amp;sdata=R7G%2B4iXtS%2F5qndSYHJ7L%2FzwmWfMJ5%2B%2FAWB
> > RW1x2dB0s%3D&amp;reserved=0
> >
> > I don't know why it would be blocked in China. Can you access that one?
>
> I could access this one and including the meet link using NXP VPN.

Sorry I did the wrong conversion before. So the meeting time is 0:30
am UTC +8. I am afraid I could not join. Not sure if Peng could stay
that late :)

Regards,
Bin

Re: Invitation: Regular U-Boot video call (Tuesday 19th)

Marek Vasut-3
On 1/14/21 6:42 AM, Bin Meng wrote:

> Hi Simon,
>
> On Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 5:57 AM Simon Glass <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Bin,
>>
>> I added you, Heinrich, Tom and Andy.
>>
>> For others, as mentioned in the doc I can add you to the invitation.
>> Just reply on this thread.
>>

> I am not sure how Google meet works as I never used that. I guess Zoom
> is much easier as it has clients on different platforms.

What about jitsi meet ? meet.jit.si seems to be an option ?
12